New Outdoor Visiting Procedure – beginning monday, august 24
ALL visitor SCREENINGS WILL BE DONE OUTSIDE at the CAREVIEW PATIO.
- All visits are weather dependent, no contact, and will take place with residents behind plexiglass enclosures
- Patio visits cannot be scheduled within the first 14 days after admission as residents are in quarantine during this time.
- Visits must be scheduled at least one day prior to the day of the visit.
- Visitors that are scheduled in advance can park in the North visitor lot and report to the patio at 55th and Garfield.
- Visitors will have temperatures taken and verifiy they have a mask for the visit.
- Visits are limited to 30 minutes at this time as weather permits.
- Please arrive at the patio 15 minutes prior to your scheduled time.
- Careview resident visitors will be directed to the visit location after screening has taken place.
Mount Olivet Home resident visits will be instructed to follow the painted walkway to the Mount Olivet Home patio after screening has taken place.
Visits are limited to:
- 2nd floor residents on Mondays
- 4th floor on Wednesdays
- 3rd floor, TCU, and 5 LTC on Thursdays.
- Visits are limited to no more than 4 visitors per occurrence and one visit per resident per week.
- NO ITEMS WILL BE ABLE TO BE GIVEN TO THE RESIDENT DURING YOUR VISIT, however you may still drop off items at the Lyndale Avenue entrance between 7am and 7pm, seven days per week.
Inclement weather will result in cancellation of the visit. If it is raining or other severe weather is present the visit will be cancelled. It is important that we remain vigilant in the safety of the residents and must err on the side of caution with questionable weather. Please know that your visit may be cancelled or shortened upon your arrival at the facility. If you feel inclement weather is present it is best to reschedule.
We are aware of the essential caregivers guidance, as well as expanded indoor visitors guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health for nursing facilities. We are required to have 28 consecutive days of no positive residents or staff in the building to expand to level 2 of the indoor visits. When we get to less than one week to meeting that goal we will update the website with the date of planned opening. Please understand this will require about 550 tests per week to be COVID free to be able to move to the level 2 for general opening.
The essential caregiver policy has been enacted and those individuals have been contacted.
We are following the policy of the Federal Government and State Department of Health.