Indoor visiting for residents of Mount Olivet Careview and Mount Olivet Home have mostly resumed. MOH 3rd floor, TCU, and CV 3rd floor residents may only have outdoor visits at this time. Any resident that is in quarantine will find all visiting is currently on hold. This policy is per Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) guidelines.
Please note the following guidelines:
- ALL Appointments must be made 24 hours in advance.
- If you are traveling from out-of-state, and are unvaccinated, a rapid test must be performed before entry.
- Please enter through main Lyndale Avenue entrance. Temperatures will be taken and questionnaires need to be signed.
- Visitors are limited to 2 at a time per resident.
- Visits must start at scheduled time.
- Facemasks covering nose and mouth are to be worn by residents and visitors in ALL common areas.
- 6-foot distance is kept from all other residents and guests.
- Unvaccinated residents must maintain 6-foot distance from visitors.
- Visits will continue as long as there are no positive COVID-19 tests for residents and staff. If cancellations need to be made you will be notified by email.
- Hugging hello/goodbye is allowed for vaccinated residents.
- Visits for private -room residents may be held in their room, offsite, or outside.
- Visits for semi-private rooms will be held in the first-floor lounges, offsite or outside.
- If you require any assistance in visit scheduling, please contact Laurie Hancer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-821-3232.
To stay in contact with your loved one you may either:
Click here to send an email to your loved one via our email a loved one form
Skype, FaceTime, and Zoom:
Video chats are available with your loved one. Please contact Laurie at email@example.com, or 612-821-3232 to schedule a video visit. Staff will be available to assist the resident.
COVID-19 Virus management
In 2020 there were thirteen COVID-19 related resident deaths at Mount Olivet Careview and none at Mount Olivet Home. We have not had any COVID-19 related deaths at either facility in 2021. 95 employees tested positive for COVID-19 since April of 2020 93 those have recovered.
The next facility wide testing will be Monday and Tuesday, May 24 and 25.
0 positive cases of COVID-19 on the COVID-19 unit at Mount Olivet Careview Home.
0 cases at Mount Olivet Home.
0 residents hospitalized with COVID-19 related challenges at this time.
63 residents have recovered from COVID-19.
13 COVID-19 related deaths since April 1, 2020.
Our condolences and our gratitude go out to each of these families that we have grieved with over this time. Our residents are a second family to us and these deaths have been extremely heart breaking to our community.
98 employees have tested positive for COVID-19 since April 1st, 2020.
97 employees have recovered.
Mount Olivet Home/Mount Olivet Careview follow standard protocols and procedures to prevent or limit the spread of infectious diseases within our buildings.
All Mount Olivet employees receive annual training on Infection Control policies and procedures and our Nursing Department/Infection Control Nurse continually monitor for the presence of any infectious outbreak.
We are aware of the compassionate caregivers guidance, as well as expanded indoor visitors guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health for nursing facilities. We are required to have 14 consecutive days of no positive residents or staff in the building to expand to level 2 of the indoor visits. When we get close to meeting that goal we will update the hotline with the date of planned opening. Please understand this will require about 550 tests per week to be COVID free to be able to move to the level 2 for general opening.
The compassionate caregiver policy has been enacted and those individuals have been contacted.
We are following the policy of the Federal Government and State Department of Health.