Family and Resident Councils
At Mount Olivet Home and Mount Olivet Careview Home we support the right of family members to organize and pursue positive change for residents. Thus, we encourage a Family Council be organized and maintained. A Family Council is a self-determined and independent group of families and friends of nursing home/boarding care residents who:
- Work to maintain or improve the quality of life for the resident
- Act as a representative group to ensure that resident concerns are addressed
- Can make recommendations regarding the nursing home/boarding care home policies
- Can participate in the annual survey conducted by the department of health
- Promote communication between council members, the residents, and facility staff
Information regarding Family Council and meetings can be found in Highlights, the monthly facility newsletter.
If you have any questions please contact Jane Hayek at 612.821.3191 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Resident Council meets monthly and all residents are invited to attend. Representatives from each floor bring discussion items to the meeting, including residents’ concerns and ideas for programs and outings. This group ensures residents have a voice in decisions regarding their rights and facility policies. Meetings are announced on the monthly therapeutic recreation calendars.