Building Maintenance Engineer Full Time Days
Mount Olivet Careview Home and Mount Olivet Home are looking for a Building Maintenance Engineer to assist the Director of Engineering in planning and coordinating the operations of all equipment for effective maintenance and repair programs, equipment safety programs and equipment use. We are a five star rated long term care, transitional care, and board and care facility located in South Minneapolis. The position acts as a technical advisor on all equipment issues and assists the management team with potential equipment purchases.
- Maintains positive communication with other departments to ensure accurate and timely exchange of information;
- Monitors and tracks equipment and environment on a daily basis and completes audits to ensure safety and compliance;
- Prepares purchase orders for services and rental equipment, and ensures each invoice is correct for the work performed by outside vendors under the direction of the Director of Engineering;
- Coordinates repairs and maintenance with outside vendors, and verifies credentialing of all outside vendors for compliance of local, state, and federal laws;
- Assists in performing fire and tornado drills and maintains a history log to meet guidelines of local, state, and federal regulations;
- Responds to requests for repairs in a timely manner consistent with excellent customer service from residents, families, and staff and ensures effective communication during the process time of repair;
- Participates in the snow removal process to ensure a safe environment on the exterior of the facility;
- Maintains awareness of the condition of the facility, the grounds, and equipment to ensure all items are kept in safe working order;
- Performs work in accordance with the facility standards and policies regarding risk management, safety, infection control, etc.;
- All other duties as assigned.
Organizational skills and the ability to work as an independent, team player.
Maintains composure in stressful situations and works well with others.Mechanical aptitude.
Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Excellent customer service
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of electrical, plumbing, heating, and air conditioning units, including the ability to comfortably troubleshoot all systems. The candidate will be comfortable operating snow removal equipment and a skid steer, and will be responsible for preventative maintenance of multiple systems. Candidates must be professional and presentable to the elderly community, pass a Minnesota Department of Human Services background study, be pleasant and patient with residents/families/and coworkers, possess excellent communication skills, be a self motivated yet independent team player, and possess the positive attitude required in this environment.